31% of healthcare organizations say they cannot find enough qualified candidates to fill vacant positions.Others say finding the “perfect fit” to fill an open position can be overwhelming, and a job on its own.
Working together with a healthcare recruiting firm can help eliminate these pains. Healthcare recruiting firms are known to help accelerate the hiring process, tap into extended networks to find qualified candidates, and work closely with healthcare organizations to understand and fulfill their specific needs. Once your healthcare recruiting firm has found a qualified candidate for a vacant position at your organization – it’s time to prep for the interview.
Here are 5 questions healthcare organizations should consider asking potential hires:
1. Can you describe your last 2-3 assignments? This question will give healthcare organizations a feel for previous roles your potential hire has assumed. It will also give you an understanding of their strengths, which can help determine if the candidate will be able to fulfill your needs, and if they are a good match for your organization.
2. How comfortable are you with utilizing, implementing, and/or learning about telemedicine, robotics, automated tools, 3-D printers, remote patient monitoring and other forms of healthcare technology? As we know, the healthcare industry is constantly evolving. It’s crucial for healthcare organizations to understand if their potential candidate has knowledge or experience in healthcare technology as they can be the link to implementing or expanding this area – resulting in reducing costs for patients, improving patient engagement, and allowing the organization to be more productive (with less error).
3. How competent are you in electronic medical record (EMR), and electronic health record (EHR) systems? EMR and EHR systems are known to stress and burnout physicians and clinicians. It’s great for healthcare organizations to understand if their potential candidate has experience or is willing to learn these systems. Asking this question allows you to see their reaction and manage expectations as to how much time they’re willing to spend interacting with these systems.
4. Describe a time in your healthcare career where you made a mistake – how did you overcome this? Asking a question about failure can give healthcare organizations a perspective as to how challenges are tackled. It’s important to understand if the potential candidate can overcome a challenge or if they simply give up. Make sure to ask how they overcame the situation, lessons gained, and how they would do things differently the next time for a deeper understanding.
5. What can we do to make your transition flow smoothly, but in a timely manner? Ideally, healthcare organizations want the potential candidate to transition and start work immediately. However, its crucial to understand how you can make these potential candidates transition flow smoothly. Make sure to understand and ask about personal preferences, their needs, and expectations – that way both you and the candidate are on the same page, and there are no misunderstandings.
To learn more about MASC Medical, and how it can help bridge your staffing gap, simply submit your information to be contacted by one of our healthcare or physician recruiters. MASC Medical is a nationwide leader in healthcare staffing, and physician recruiting. Our expertise, resources, relationships, and proven strategies have allowed us to develop a proactive, and efficient approach when serving clients nationwide – allow us to find the right physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or dentist for your healthcare organization today!